What information do we collect?
QUOP develops customized software solution/digital platforms/digital applications at the request of and according to the specifications of the customer (the "Products") and offers services concerning the development, improvement, maintenance and user tests regarding the Products (the “Services”).
Users can use the Products for personal use, share them with other users or user groups or share certain access rights with others through the creation of third party permissions or through social media or other online channels. When using any of QUOP’s Products or Services, the customer consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure and other uses of any materials, including but not limited to text, data, graphics, photographs, images, document layouts, artwork, text, fonts, software tools, or any of these elements in combination (hereafter the “Content”) under the strict circumstances as described in this Privacy Declaration. When customers upload, download, post, email, analyze or otherwise transmit Content to or through any of the Products, share Content or allow third parties access to any of the Products, they should think carefully about what they are making public about themselves and/or about other persons. We do not accept any responsibility and/or liability for possible breaches of the privacy rights of third parties committed by the customer. For more information relating to the use of the Products and the customer’s responsibilities towards the Content they upload, download, post, email, analyze or otherwise transmit, please consult our General Terms of Service. QUOP also automatically collects certain anonymous technical information regarding its users and the use of the Products. As such, QUOP shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the platforms, applications or other software solutions are visited, which information is viewed, which materials are posted or downloaded, which web browser is used etc. QUOP will equally have real time access to the activities carried out through its Products. This technical information is only used for the needs of the Products, system administration purposes and to improve the Products and/or the Services. It allows QUOP to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Products and to monitor and solve any (potential) problems that might occur. QUOP cannot identify any individual persons through these data. This technical information may be permanently archived for future use. QUOP can collect and process the following data:
- first names
- residence addresses
- company names
- company addresses
- invoicing addresses
- email addresses
- telephone numbers
- user names
- information concerning the use by the customer and its subsequent users of the software solutions developed by QUOP including, but not limited to heatmaps, surf recordings, IP address, browser type
- the log-in details of mobile devices, as well as geographical location data (where appropriate)
- camera footage
- communication preferences
- all personal data freely provided to QUOP (e.g. in light of correspondence with QUOP).
- How do we collect data?
- These personal data are collected in the context of:
- requesting a fee quote
- information given for the purpose of user and product research by QUOP
- using a test version of any of the Products
- using any of the Products
- collaboration with QUOP
- visiting the Website
- use of QUOP’s Services
- the verification of the (potential) customer’s identity
- incoming and outgoing correspondence with QUOP
- communicating ideas to QUOP with regards to developing or improving any of the Products
- exchange of business cards
- a connection made between the Products, e-mail addresses and social network platforms
The personal data collected by QUOP are therefore expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
What about cookies?
Cookies themselves do not personally identify persons, they merely recognize their web browser.
At the request of the customer, QUOP can equally analyze the traffic to and/or the use of the Products developed for this specific customer through open source solutions, in which case the conditions of data collection and processing is discussed on a case by case basis with the customer.
For what purposes do we collect data?QUOP can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- user and product research
- perform any agreement with QUOP (incl. follow-up thereof)
- develop the Products and perform the Servies
- enhance the user’s experience of the Products and/or Services
- operate and maintain the Products and/or Services
- investigate and understand how our Products and/or Services are used
- monitor and protect the security and integrity of the Products and/or Services
- analyze our business
- provide support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- optimize the quality, management and content of the Products and/or Services
- prepare fee quotes
- conduct customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- the (potential) customer our business partner has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary for the performance of any of the agreements with QUOP or in order to take steps at the (potential) customer’s or business partner’s request prior to entering into an agreement
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which QUOP is subject
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the (potential) customer, the business partner or of another natural person
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by QUOP or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when the concerned individual is a child).
In which cases can date be disclosed to third parties?
QUOP shall not disclose personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of providing QUOP’s Services and optimizing them (including but not limited to maintenance works, payment processing, the delivery of services to QUOP (e.g. subcontracting) and database management). In this respect, personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software providers, cloud partner, datacenters, external IT-consultants and service providers.
If it is necessary that QUOP discloses personal data to third parties in this context, the third party is required to use said personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Declaration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that QUOP discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if QUOP is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights;
- If QUOP, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which QUOP has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets;
- For the purpose of identifying similar profiles to the (potential) customer’s, except if they have expressly opted out in this respect.
In all other cases, QUOP will not sell, hire out or pass on personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of personal data.
How long are data stored?
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by the law or (ii) through compliance with another legal obligation, QUOP shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Declaration under 'For what purposes do we collect data?'.
Security of personal data
QUOP undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorized access to personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of personal data.
QUOP shall store all personal data which it has collected in the cloud (with data centre(s) within the EU). Notwithstanding QUOP's security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, QUOP is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Finally, the security of the user’s use of the Products will also partly depend on the confidentiality of their password in obtaining access to the Products. If any user of the Products has shared their password with any third party, the user is liable for the transactions which occur as a result of the use made of their account by third parties.
What are my rights regarding my personal data?
In light of the processing of personal data, the (potential) customer or business partner enjoys the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to personal data which QUOP possibly has concerning you;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of personal data;
- Right to delete personal data ('right to be forgotten'): QUOP wishes to point out that in this context certain Services or (sections of) Products will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if certain required personal data are deleted or requested to be deleted);
- Right to limit the processing of personal data;
- Right to transferability of personal data;
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of personal data;
If any concerned person wishes to invoke their privacy rights, as defined above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In principle, anyone can exercise these rights free of charge via an e-mail to the abovementioned address. In addition, customers or users of the Products can update, modify and/or verify their personal data via their account on the Product(s), if applicable.
Update Privacy Declaration
QUOP is entitled to update this Privacy Declaration by posting a new version on the Website. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page explaining the Privacy Declaration, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. QUOP does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of personal data. You must check the privacy declarations of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
If you have questions about this Privacy Declaration, or the manner in which QUOP collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com. We will do our best efforts In case you are not satisfied with the way QUOP handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way QUOP collects, uses and and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission.